[78-L] Why we collect

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 13 19:34:12 PST 2009

In 1979, we bought our first house, after years of being squashed in
apartments. This one was a solid brick bungalow built around 1913, with various
modifications performed over the years..one such was the addition of a small
back room off the kitchen, with its own entrance. Great place to stow records,
we thought, since I'd be able to take them directly from the car. As we started
moving in, we put shelving units and a few loads of records in there one day,
and then wondered on our next visit why they seemed to be a little lower.
Turned out that there was nothing under the floor, which had begun to come away
from the wall along one side. We still used that room for records and cold
storage, as well as entertainment when the occasional cat (or who knows what
else) came in through the new opening.

dl