[78-L] reunion OT ^

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 12 20:24:36 PST 2009

Royal Pemberton wrote:
> I just did the opt-out.  Thanks for the tip!  I will send Steve's
> message to friends I know that are on Yahoo.
>
> About 4 years ago I briefly joined Reunion.com.   Not one of my
> brighter doings, but no great harm done, thankfully.  I eventually
> deleted my profile from it.  My Yahoo E-mail addy still gets their
> E-mails saying one person is looking or has looked for me.  One time I
> checked it out, and it was a woman in Florida about 6 years my senior.
>  I don't even know anyone in Florida no matter their age AFAIK!

Don't be too sure. This afternoon I was at my bank and I mentioned that I'd
never been able to get online access to my US$ account, that previous attempts
had ended up lousing up my two Canadian accounts. Someone finally figured how
to get this working, and the system then asked me for a couple of answers to
"security" questions. One of them was "What was the first name of the person
you took to your first prom?" Playing along, I typed in that name and lo and
behold, the link opened. Do not ask me when I'd provided that information for I
have no idea.