[78-L] Columbia question

Glenn Longwell glongwell at snet.net
Mon Jan 12 19:10:04 PST 2009

Very curious.  Looks like a special issue but checking Sutton's Columbia Recording and Release dates booklet there's no information about this block of matrix numbers.  The last 12" ones stopped at 49999 then went to 98000.  In fact the only mention of anything in the 50000's was 59400 series.  I'll be interested to hear it when posted.  Any mention of dates on the recording?

Glenn