[78-L] **SPAM** Why we collect

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Mon Jan 12 18:59:49 PST 2009

Why do *I* collect?!

In actual fact, I am a DATA collector...very possibly because I suffer from
"Asperger's Syndrome"...?! I quickly discovered that the easiest way to
accumulate DATA on 78rpm phonorecords is, of course, to accumulate
the RECORDS...besides, I enjoy listening to most 78's as well...!

So...my wants are simple! ALL I want is one copy of EVERY 78rpm
phonorecord EVER sold (at least in North America, anyway)...!!
I estimate that to be around three million 78's...or about 23,077
milk boxes full...weighing 1,500,000 pounds, or 7,500 tons!!

...stevenc