[78-L] 16" Transcription Query.

David Jessup dgjessup at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 10 02:48:37 PST 2009

>From "Ellingtonia" (Timner, 4th ed), I can give these - if I'm reading it right.
There may be more data that Ellington experts can tease out from that volume.
All best - Dave Jessup

Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 20:36:06 +0000
From: Spats <spats47 at ntlworld.com>
Subject: [78-L] 16" Transcription Query.
To: 78-l at klickitat.78online.com

Hi!

Can anyone help me with recording dates for any of the following?
If so, please just type in the date at the end of my entry for each record.
I'd be very grateful! ;-)

Earl Okin.

WORLD PROGRAM SERVICE 16" TRANSCRIPTIONS.

486.
Duke Ellington: Rocking In Rhythm/Blue Skies.  8 NOVEMBER 1943
Les Brown: Sweet Lorraine/Dance With A Dolly/High On A Windy Trumpet.

THE VOICE OF AMERICA 16" TRANSCRIPTION.

POD43.
Ting-A-Ling.  5-11 JUNE 1951, MEADOWBROOK BALLROOM
Happy-Go-Lucky Local.
Yea For Two (with Willie Smith).

POD 44.
Mood Indigo.   5-11 JUNE 1951, MEADOWBROOK BALLROOM
Warm Valley (with Paul Gonsalves).
The Eighth Veil (with Cat Anderson).

TREASURY DEPARTMENT 16" TRANSCRIPTIONS. 'Guest Star' Series.

**Wouldn't hazard a guess - two TD Guest Star Benny Goodman transcriptions I have use dubs of
commercial recordings and custom voicework by BG and an announcer. Though issued a few years
apart, the same BG voice track was used, suitably edited. Same thoughts might apply here.**

203. (c.1951). Duke Ellington.
463. (c.1956). Duke Ellington.