[78-L] Living Miller sidemen?

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Fri Jan 9 22:12:10 PST 2009

I watched Orchestra Wives tonight for about the umpteenth time,  and got to
wondering which if any of the Miller side men who are in that movie (or Sun
Valley Serenade) are still among the living.  I seem to have a recollection
that one of the t-bone players recently passed (Paul Tanner?) but wonder
about a few of the others,  e.g. Alpert,  Skip Martin (later in the music
department of Hollywood studios),  Priddy,  etc..

Any info on this topic?  I'm still shocked that I missed the death of Eddie
Miller in the early 90s...thought I kept better track of such things.

Taylor B