[78-L] RCA Victor reverse side "spider web" etching name?

Eric Jacobs Eric at NoopMedia.com
Fri Jan 9 18:29:42 PST 2009

On Friday, January 09, 2009 11:26 AM, PHONOGUY at aol.com wrote:

> The information I have states they were mabe between June 1922
> and August 1923.  This is with a booklet published by Robert M.
> Pine titled "Techniques by which to approximate pressing dates
> of victor acoustic recordings"   dated 1976.    I have made
> some cpoies of the booklet  if any one would like one
> email me  Thanks Henry schaadt.

Henry - thank you for that bit of information.

The recordings I am working with are electric recordings from
1947, so it appears that RCA Victor used the "web back" again
later.

Eric Jacobs
The Audio Archive, Inc.