[78-L] "Appetite for Self-Destruction" reviewed^

David Jessup dgjessup at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 8 13:57:15 PST 2009

Fascinating how several books will appear on the same subject at (nearly) the same time. But from the same publishing conglomerate...?

Forthcoming in May '09 (and an advance reader in my hands now, as I'm a bookstore manager) is...

"Ripped: How The Wired Generation Revolutionized Music" - by Greg Kot; a Scribner hardcover. (Free Press, below, is an imprint distributed by Simon and Schuster, like Scribner.)

With chapters like "Payola Blues," "'George Bush Doesn't Like Black People'," "Steve Jobs And The iPod 'Burglary Kit'," "'Steal, Steal, And Steal Some More'"... who could resist?

So far this one's a fast & fun read - but sounds an awful lot like the tome reviewed by Garner (as brought to our notice by Dave W).

All best - Dave Jessup

Previously, on 78-L:

Message: 15