[78-L] MATILDA

RAY KILCOYNE kil at roadrunner.com
Wed Jan 7 11:15:09 PST 2009

A recent post from a 78L member, maybe Mike Biel, explained how one can retrieve the original mono version of MATILDA by Harry Belafonte from the stereo LP by eliminating one track.
This doesn't work, however, because they don't even use the orignal version.  I'm listening to the "Belafonte" stereo LP.  I also have the mono version of the LP, same recording which starts with whistling.  There is no whistling at the start of the original 78/45, RCA Victor 5311.
So, am I using the wrong LP?  Is there an LP with the original MATILDA.  MATILDA is not even on the "Calypso" LP.
RayK