[78-L] end of 525-line television

Fitzpatrick Vincent jvftzjvftz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 19:49:36 PST 2009

***General Warning:  non-78-related question.***

***Surgeon General Warning:  The Surgeon General is a pest.***

This question is especially for Dr. Biel, Elizabeth, and other broadcasting
experts:

Is any special programming planned by the old networks marking the end of 70
years of 525-line broadcasting.  I know, or think I know, that this was the
standard by the time of the New York World's Fair.  Was there any other
standard for electronic scanning in "wide" use between the definitive death
of mechanical scanning and 1939?

Vincent Fitzpatrick