[78-L] Paul Whiteman on M-F label?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 5 20:59:50 PST 2009

Record 1
Side A
Rhapsody in Blue (May 6/45)
Three O'Clock in the Morning (May 6/45)
Way Down Yonder (May 6/45)
When Day is Done (May 6/45)
Got the Sun in the Morning (June 9/46)
Side B
Blue Nocturne (Oct. 31/44)
I Fall in Love (June 16/46)
Insect Suite (March 10/44)
Mendelssohn Violin Concerto (June 16/46)

Record 2
Side A
Cuban Overture (c. 1948, ABC)
Can't Take That Away From Me (c. 1948)
'S Wonderful (c. 1948)
Summertime (c. 1948)
Somebody Loves Me (c. 1948)
Side B
Eulogy to Gershwin (1948)
An American in Paris (Dec. 6/34, Kraft Music Hall) (not listed on album)

Record 3
Side A
On the Trail (March 22/36, Woodbury)
Water Boy (April 5/36, Woodbury)
Gonna Lock My Heart (Aug. 31/38, Chesterfield)
Wang Wang Blues (June 17/38, Chesterfield)
Limehouse Blues (July 1/38, Chesterfield)
Running Wild (July 8/38, Chesterfield)
Side B
After You've Gone (July 27/38, Chesterfield)
You Go to My Head (July 27/38, Chesterfield)
Lonesome Road (July 13/38, Chesterfield)
I Hadn't Anyone Till You (Aug. 3/38, Chesterfield)
Hymn to the Sun (April 5/36, Woodbury)

Titles are as listed on the back cover. I've seen this with the dates printed,
on a copy at the Bop Shop in Rochester, but I didn't feel like buying a
duplicate (I think this one cost me ten dollars in Detroit).

dl