[78-L] the very first "Peter and the Wolf" recording

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 5 17:15:38 PST 2009

David Weiner wrote:

> At 11:53 AM 1/5/2009, you wrote:
>> I have a moderate collection of "Peter and the Wolf" recordings on
>> my record shelf, & some of my favorites (in order of deliciousness) are:
>>
>> Basil Rathbone
>> Boris Karloff
>> Sir Ralph Richardson
>> Beatrice Lillie
>> Victor Jory
>> Jonathan Winters
>> George Raft
>
> no Sean Connery?

> Or Hermoine Gingold?
> Or Carol Channing?
>
> Dave W.

Okay..I'll weigh in with some that I have (omitting any duplications with
previously named celebs).

Zero Mostel (which took me YEARS to find)
Oda Slobodskaya
Brandon de Wilde
Henry Morgan
Fred Allen (courtesy of Robert Angus..who seems no longer with us?)
Wilfred Pickles
Alec Guinness
Eleanor Roosevelt
Arthur Godfrey
Jacques Brel (French)
Carlos Pellicer (Spanish; Carlos Chavez conducting)
Bob Danvers Walker
Rich Little
Weird Al Yankovic
Sting/Spitting Image (DVD..highly recommended)
David Bowie
Somebody in Swedish