[78-L] Help identifying an artist/tune

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Jan 4 12:01:15 PST 2009

David Lennick wrote:
> Definitely not the same person. Nordine was the (hand to ear) voice on
> "Shifting Whispering Sands" and did a couple of volumes of "Word Jazz" for Dot.
> He also announced concerts by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra in the 40s..
>
> dl

. . . and did horror story readings on a midnight TV show in the early
50s "Faces In The Window" on WMBQ Chicago which we had audio for about a
dozen of them in the Northwestern Univ archive and I have on tape.  He
also narrated the 12-inch version of Teddy Philips "Concert In The Sky"
on Decca.  (One of the worst human beings that ever lived, Chicago DJ
and ultra-right-wing loony Howard Miller, narrated the 10-inch
version.)    (Miller is the dipso who brought back his idol, Father
Coughlin, for a TV interview around 1970.)

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com