[78-L] Unknown soprano on Polyphon

Chris Zwarg doctordisc at truesoundtransfers.de
Sun Jan 4 08:46:57 PST 2009

At 17:14 04.01.2009, you wrote:

>> 1929 and 1930 catalogues list various titles by Ibolyka Zilzer and Vasa Prihoda for which I am lacking matrix numbers. Can you identify the titles played on your tests so I can compare them with the issued repertoire of these two? > > Chris Zwarg I didn't know these were DG recordings. Glad to contribute to your files. The titles are easy to identify - Bach: Air on the G String mx. 425 BT VI (Take 1 and 2); Boccherini: Menuet mx. 432 BT VIBoth have piano acc.

Zilzer plays the Boccherini on mx. 449 BT6, but as part of a trio with Hermann Hopf (cello) and Manfred Gurlitt (p); in view of the different arrangement it is very uncertain to assume yours is just an earlier attempt by her. No 10-inch electrical DG of the Bach at all as far as I can see, except Ferenc Vecsey some six years later.

Chris Zwarg