[78-L] Help identifying an artist/tune

Chris Zwarg doctordisc at truesoundtransfers.de
Sun Jan 4 06:50:57 PST 2009

At 15:26 04.01.2009, you wrote:
>David Lennick wrote:
>> In this case, it installed itself (or I inadvertently installed it) when I
>> opened the particular file. Thereafter, any links I tried to open or even old
>> ones I'd stored would default to QuackTime and not play properly. Repeated
>> attempts to remove it failed to work..only when the whole computer needed a
>> major overhaul was I finally rid of it. It may be great for some purposes, but
>> since I'm not a download kind of guy and don't keep libraries of tunes (I don't
>> even own an ipod), it's not for me.

AFAIK there is something called "QuickTime Alternative" and "Real Alternative" which consists only of the drivers indispensible to run MOV resp. RM files, without the tons of annoying overhead both of the original software bring with them. Dunno however if these are still available, and whether they can cope with all varieties of these formats. I have never figured out why I should need extra software to organize my media files, when I already have Windoze Explorer...

Chris Zwarg