[78-L] BOOK PUBLISHING DEADLINES..HOW TIGHT? ^

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 2 20:07:13 PST 2009

A bit off topic, although in a general sense the book in question includes
performers who made 78s. A recent Christmas gift is the heavy book MAKE 'EM
LAUGH, published to coincide with the PBS series which starts next week (on my
local channel, at any rate). Since we have a number of published authors on
this list, I'm curious to know exactly how late last-minute information can be
inserted in a book of this magnitude. The book was purchased at Barnes & Noble
in early December. The last-minute information is a mention of Tina Fey's
impersonations of Sarah Palin and their effect on the 2008 Presidential Election.

There had to be a pretty tight window here! Just curious. I'm finding a
publication date of December 2/08..actually I was certain it was purchased
around November 27th (did Barnes & Noble get a pre-release?).