[78-L] Pronunciations

Bud Black banjobud at cfl.rr.com
Fri Jan 2 15:49:55 PST 2009

In Atlantic City, New Jersey, Arkansas avenue is pronounced "Ark-Kan-zuss."
By the way, why the poop is the state of Arkansas pronounced "Ark-kin-saw?"
(seems to me I have an MGM recording of a song called "The State Of Arkansas
 sung by Jimmy Durante.  (I mention this just to keep this subject on topic
)

Bud