[78-L] Need a good copy of the "Wedding March"

RAY KILCOYNE kil at roadrunner.com
Fri Jan 2 12:53:09 PST 2009

> Does anyone have a good clean or acceptable copy of the Wedding March (The
> Bridal Chorus from Lohengrin) that they can either loan or sell to me?
> Time is of the essence and I need it for Saturday January 10th for a
> wedding !! Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. A nice
> 1920's or 30's version with band or orchestra would be great if possible.
> Please contact me off list at bruce78rpm at comcast.net.
>
> Thanks Bruce

Jesse Crawford had an excellent recording of it on Decca 204B from 9/29/34.
I have a nice clean copy of side A of that disc which is WEDDING MARCH (from
"Midsummer Night's Dream").  I can't remember where I got it and why I don't
have side B.  I searched but no luck.  Maybe someone else has it.  At least
you know one of the versions to search for now.  So near and yet so far.
RayK