[78-L] Dating Question for Columbia Record

Chris Zwarg doctordisc at truesoundtransfers.de
Fri Jan 2 11:57:28 PST 2009

At 20:39 02.01.2009, you wrote:
>Titles or matrix numbers would help..I can't find anything by Ruby in the
>1924-34 Columbia Master Book. If it's acoustic, it was issued VERY late.
>
>dl

Not at all late:

rec. New York, December 22 or 23, 1913

"501" is a British 12-inch number (issued in January 1915) re-coupling one side each of US issues A 5534 and A 5548.

Not to be confused with 1920's US number 501-D (or -X or -F or whatever price category would have been deemed appropriate...) !

Chris Zwarg