[78-L] Deep Ellum Blues

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Tue Dec 30 12:05:51 PST 2008

The Stabile (he's a fave of mine) has a lyric and melody which is not the
same as the 1920s records by Busse and others already mentioned.   The
earlier song is Deep Elm (You Tell 'em I'm Blue) and the lyric to the
Stabile record talks about what happens when you "go down to Deep Ellum, to
have a little fun."

Taylor B