[78-L] Christmas songs

Tom nice_guy_with_an_mba at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 30 10:31:27 PST 2008

Thanks for the great list. I'll have to check iTunes and see which of those are available for download. I didn't realize it until just now, but somehow I left off "Happy Xmas (The War is Over)" by John Lennon, which I'll add momentarily. I was able to download almost all of these off of iTunes, except for those selections that are shown as Out of Print, which I had digitized and uploaded myself from the CD.

Here's my list, which I'm still listening to today:

Carol/Song -- Time -- Artist -- Album

All I Want for Christmas Is You 4:01 Mariah Carey Merry Christmas
At the Christmas Ball 3:30 Bessie Smith Blues, Blues Christmas (1925-1955)
Away In a Manger 3:14 Faith Hill Joy to the World
Back Door Santa 3:49 B.B. King & John Popper A Very Special Christmas, Vol. 5
Beautiful Star of Bethlehem 3:05 Emmylou Harris Light of the Stable
Blue Christmas 2:09 Elvis Presley Elvis' Christmas Album
Boogie Woogie Santa Claus 2:25 Mabel Scott Blues, Boogie & Rhythm Christmas
Brafferton Village / Walsh's Hornpipe 1:24 Brendan Begley, Kathryn Tickell, Kevin Conneff, The Chieftains & The Voice Squad The Bells of Dublin
A Breton Carol 3:43 The Chieftains & Nolwenn Monjarret The Bells of Dublin
Caroling, Caroling 2:10 Nat King Cole The Christmas Song
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) 2:50 Darlene Love A Christmas Gift for You from Phil Spector
Christmas Blues 3:42 Lightnin' Hopkins Merry Blue Christmas
Christmas Celebration 3:39 B.B. King A Christmas Celebration of Hope
Christmas Comes But Once A Year 2:44 Jimmy Durante Out of Print
Christmas Everyday 2:38 Smokey Robinson & The Miracles 20th Century Masters - The Christmas Collection: The Best of Motown Christmas, Vol. 2
Christmas for Cowboys 2:29 John Denver Rocky Mountain Christmas
Christmas in New Orleans 2:55 Louis Armstrong Traditional Jazz Christmas
Christmas Island 2:18 Ella Fitzgerald Ella Wishes You a Swinging Christmas
Christmas Island 2:56 Jimmy Buffett Christmas Island
Christmas Night in Harlem (Single Version) 2:40 Louis Armstrong Traditional Jazz Christmas
Christmas Oratorio, BWV 248, Cantata 6: Nun Seid Ihr Wohl Gerochen 3:27 Academy of St. Martin In the Fields, Choir Of King's College, Cambridge, Dame Janet Baker, Gerald Moore, Elly Ameling, Robert Tear & Sir Philip Ledger Bach: Christmas Oratorio
The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas to You) 3:12 Nat King Cole The Christmas Song
Christmas Time's A-Coming 2:51 Emmylou Harris Light of the Stable
Christmastime Is Here (Vocal) 2:47 Vince Guaraldi Trio A Charlie Brown Christmas (Remastered)
Cool Yule 2:55 Louis Armstrong & The Commanders Number 1's: Christmas
Coventry Carol 2:42 Mannheim Steamroller Christmas
Dig That Crazy Santa Claus 2:32 Oscar McLollie & The Honey Jumpers Christmas Hits and Highlights, Vol. 7
Ding Dong Merrily On High 2:03 Andrew Parrott The Carol Album - Seven Centuries of Christmas Music
Ding Dong Merrily On High 2:12 David Drinkel, The Chieftains & The Renaissance Singers The Bells of Dublin
Do They Know It's Christmas (Feed the World) 3:41 Free4 & Christmas Allstars The Greatest Rock & Pop Christmas Collection
Do You Hear What I Hear? 2:46 Bing Crosby Bing Crosby - Christmas Classics
Donde Esta Santa Claus? 2:21 Guster Donde Esta Santa Claus? - Single
Feliz Navidad 3:02 José Feliciano Feliz Navidad
The First Noel 2:41 Frank Sinatra A Jolly Christmas from Frank Sinatra (Remastered)
The First Noel 1:59 Nat King Cole The Christmas Song
Frosty the Snowman 2:12 Ella Fitzgerald Ella Wishes You a Swinging Christmas
Frosty the Snowman 2:21 The Ronettes A Christmas Gift for You from Phil Spector
Gloucestershire Wassail   2:22 Mannheim Steamroller Christmas
Gloucestershire Wassail              4:14 Waverly Consort A Waverly Consort Christmas
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (Single) 2:20 Bing Crosby White Christmas
God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen 1:23 The Chieftains The Bells of Dublin
Grown-Up Christmas List 3:40 Michael Bublé Let It Snow! - EP
Hark! The Herald Angels Sing 2:24 Frank Sinatra & Orchestra And Chorus Of Gordon Jenkins A Jolly Christmas from Frank Sinatra
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas 2:56 Ella Fitzgerald Ella Wishes You a Swinging Christmas
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas 3:56 Kenny G The Greatest Holiday Classics
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas    2:45 Judy Garland Santa's Top 10 Favorites
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas     3:30 Frank Sinatra A Jolly Christmas from Frank Sinatra
Here Comes Santa Claus (Right Down Santa Claus Lane) 1:54 Elvis Presley Elvis Christmas
Here Comes Santa Claus (Right Down Santa Claus Lane) 2:30 Gene Autry A Gene Autry Christmas - EP
A Holly Jolly Christmas 2:16 Burl Ives Have a Holly Jolly Christmas Holiday
The Huron Indian Carol 1:57 The Christmas Revels Wassail! Wassail! - Early American Christmas Music
I'll Be Home for Christmas 3:12 Frank Sinatra A Jolly Christmas from Frank Sinatra
I'm Your Santa 2:55 Lil' Ed & The Blues Imperials The Alligator Records Christmas Collection Holiday
I Believe In Father Christmas 3:18 Emerson, Lake & Palmer Works, Vol. 2
I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus 2:29 Jimmy Boyd Christmas: 16 Most Requested Songs Holiday
I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus 2:42 The Ronettes A Christmas Gift for You from Phil Spector
Il est né / Ca berger 5:19 The Chieftains & Kate & Anna McGarrigle The Bells of Dublin
Il Est Ne, Le Divin Enfant 1:06 Edith Piaf Out of Print
It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas 2:49 Bing Crosby White Christmas
It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas 2:15 Johnny Mathis The Christmas Music of Johnny Mathis: A Personal Collection
It's Christmas Time In Louisiana 2:28 Johnnie Allan Merry Cajun Christmas
It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year 2:32 Andy Williams The Andy Williams Christmas Album
It Came Upon a Midnight Clear 2:52 Frank Sinatra & Orchestra And Chorus Of Gordon Jenkins A Jolly Christmas from Frank Sinatra
It Came Upon a Midnight Clear 2:54 Michael Doucet Merry Cajun Christmas
Jingle Bell Rock 2:10 Bobby Helms Number 1's: Christmas
Jingle Bells  2:21 Count Basie The Ultimate Jazz Christmas
Jingle Bells   2:23 Ella Fitzgerald Ella Wishes You a Swinging Christmas
Jingle Bells    2:33 Benny Goodman Big Band X-mas
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! 2:42 Ella Fitzgerald Ella Wishes You a Swinging Christmas
Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow 2:04 Michael Bublé Let It Snow! - EP
Little Drummer Boy 3:06 Faith Hill Joy to the World
The Little Drummer Boy 3:19 Harry Simeone Chorale Number 1's: Christmas
Little Saint Nick 2:03 The Beach Boys Christmas With the Beach Boys
Mary's Boy Child 4:22 Harry Belafonte The Christmas Collection
Mele Kalikimaka  2:55 Bing Crosby & The Andrews Sisters White Christmas
Mele Kalikimaka   2:59 Jimmy Buffett Christmas Island
Mistletoe and Holly 2:18 Frank Sinatra A Jolly Christmas from Frank Sinatra
O Come All Ye Faithful 1:05 Judy Garland Out of Print
O Come All Ye Faithful  2:20 Nat King Cole The Christmas Song
O Come All Ye Faithful   3:47 Faith Hill Joy to the World
O Come All Ye Faithful    3:25 David Drinkel, The Chieftains & The Renaissance Singers The Bells of Dublin
O Holy Night  3:00 Nat King Cole The Christmas Song
O Holy Night   4:47 Josh Groban Josh Groban in Concert
O Holy Night     3:53 Robert Merrill Out of Print
O the Holly She Bears a Berry 1:58 The Chieftains The Bells of Dublin
Oh, What a Silent Night 2:33 Randy Travis Old Time Christmas
Oiche Chiun (Silent Night) 3:46 Enya A Very Special Christmas, Vol. 3
Please Come Home for Christmas 2:58 Eagles Please Come Home for Christmas / Funky New Year - Single
Presents for Christmas 3:13 Solomon Burke R&B Christmas, Vol. 3
Pretty Paper 2:45 Roy Orbison Country Christmas, Vol. 2 - 16 Biggest Hits
Pretty Paper 2:24 Willie Nelson Pretty Paper
River 4:02 Sarah McLachlan Wintersong
Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree 2:06 Brenda Lee 20th Century Masters - The Christmas Collection: The Best of Brenda Lee
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer 3:07 Gene Autry Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and Other Christmas Classics
Run Rudolph Run 2:44 Chuck Berry Chuck Berry: The Chess Box (Box Set)
Santa Baby 3:28 Eartha Kitt Christmas Stars
Santa Claus Is Coming to Town 2:18 Ella Fitzgerald Ella Wishes You a Swinging Christmas
Santa Claus Wants Some Lovin' 3:23 Tinsley Ellis The Alligator Records Christmas Collection
Santa Claus, Bring My Man Back 3:00 Ozie Ware & Duke Elington's Hot Five A Swinging Christmas
Shake Hands With Santa Claus (Mono Recording) 2:25 Louis Prima Breaking It Up!
Silver Bells 3:58 Kenny G Miracles: The Holiday Album
Sleigh Ride  2:56 Ella Fitzgerald Ella Wishes You a Swinging Christmas
Sleigh Ride   2:57 Boston Pops Orchestra A Christmas Festival
Sleigh Ride    3:06 The Ronettes A Christmas Gift for You from Phil Spector
(There's No Place Like) Home for the Holidays 2:56 Perry Como Season's Greetings from Perry Como
This Is the Season to Be Merry 2:27 David Drinkel, The Chieftains & The Renaissance Singers The Bells of Dublin
This Time of the Year 2:29 Brook Benton Christmas, With Feeling
The Wexford Carol  4:20 Yo-Yo Ma, Alison Krauss & Natalie MacMaster Songs of Joy & Peace (Deluxe Version)
The Wexford Carol   3:22 Derek Bell, Kevin Conneff, Martin Fay, Matt Molloy, Nanci Griffith, Paddy Moloney, Seán Keane & The Chieftains The Bells of Dublin
What Child Is This 2:57 Alison Krauss, Cody Kilby, Darrin Vincent, Rob Ickes & Ronnie McCoury Christmas Grass - A Celebration of Christmas, Bluegrass Style
What Christmas Means to Me 2:49 Camey Doucet Merry Cajun Christmas
What Will Santa Claus Say (When He Finds Everybody Swingin') 3:14 Louis Prima Swingin' Christmas
Where Are You Christmas 4:07 Faith Hill Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas
White Christmas 3:06 Bing Crosby White Christmas
White Christmas 2:57 Darlene Love A Christmas Gift for You from Phil Spector
Winter Wonderland 2:44 Ted Weems & His Orchestra A Swinging Christmas
Zat You Santa Claus? 2:47 Louis Armstrong 100 Christmas Classics