[78-L] Deep Ellum Blues

bradc944 at comcast.net bradc944 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 30 10:25:38 PST 2008

Well, after lurking for, what, almost two years.... I need a bit of research assistance for a fictional book I am writing...

Can one of you knowledgeable wonderful folk advise me on what version, if any, of Deep Ellum Blues would have been available at about the time of the heyday of the Victrola Credenzas?  I personally have a Barton Brothers recording of it (I think, it's been too long since I have laid hands on it) on Decca, but that version would have been post-WW2, and not really playable on the Credenza.  Did any versions come out in the early 30s?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for all the great info and insight!

Brad