[78-L] Merry Christmas

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Dec 29 12:58:30 PST 2008

DAVID BURNHAM wrote:
> I listen to a lot of Christmas music and the only one on this list I'm familiar with is "I Saw Mommy ...." and as far as I know it came out in the early 50s.
>
> I even remember the "Pumpkinhead" song and I don't run into anyone who knows that!
>
> db

I once came across an actual Punkinhead CARD TABLE outside an antique store on
Queen Street..naturally they wanted too much money for it.

By the way, at the last CAPS meeting I picked up two unusual Christmas
booklets, like song books but with stories instead, and a 7-inch record in
each, put out by Canadian Line Materials Limited. This was a Canadian company
but the books and discs were manufactured in the US (typical)..the one for 1957
isn't interesting but the 1950 one is narrated by John Fisher, and pressed on
the thinnest non-flexi vinyl I've ever seen.