[78-L] Bing's WHITE XMAS

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Dec 28 19:34:34 PST 2008

Special Products usually added A to the last known catalog number when
reissuing something intact (as opposed to a compilation), hence C-55 becoming
AC-55. Funny that they didn't make a bigger deal of it and put it into the
regular catalog.

There must be some classical sets that qualify as having never been out of
print from 78 to CD. Rachmaninoff's Piano Concertos and the Rhapsody (played by
SVR himself of course) seem to have been continuously available. The Beethoven
Piano Sonatas with Schnabel? Mahler's 9th with Bruno Walter?

dl