[78-L] Electronic stereo and Schwann

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Dec 28 13:40:54 PST 2008

High Fidelity says $4.98. The June 1961 Schwann says LME releases are priced at
$5.98 (LMs were shown as $4.98). In September 1965, the price is $4.79 and they
were still listed. Note that this is $1 cheaper than their normal stereo Red
Seals which were $5.79.

Where are you finding LMs at $3.98, other than through 1957? By mid 1958, the
Long Player has them at $4.98.

Were the 1961 reprocessings ever reused on Victrola? I made a point of
acquiring only mono reissues except where fake stereo was the only one offered
(and I found at one point that mixing those to mono didn't produce anything
unlistenable).

dl