[78-L] Electronic stereo and Schwann

Chris Zwarg doctordisc at truesoundtransfers.de
Sun Dec 28 12:48:57 PST 2008

At 21:06 28.12.2008, you wrote:
>In fact, my own copies of the Elvis reprocessed LPs are of the German
>variety and I kind of liked them at the time.

That may well be - RCA masters were handled in Germany by Telefunken at the time, which company was the legal successor to Kuechenmeister's "Ultraphon". It's certainly thinkable that they did their own stereo-izations with Kuechenmeister's one-channel-delay method for the German (and Continental European) market. The tracks I have heard certainly do *not* use the bass/treble split and extra echo described by dl .

Chris Zwarg