[78-L] Christmas Music

Tom nice_guy_with_an_mba at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 28 05:28:21 PST 2008

What about "Cantique de Noel", which we now know as "O Holy Night"?

That was first recorded on cylinder disk, wasn't it -- and later transferred to 78 rpm, then to 33 rpm and so forth?

http://fms1.library.ucsb.edu/talentDetail.php?id=41240

Looks like Caruso recorded it back in 1916 when I'm guessing you were just a tyke, though other, earlier recordings preceded his.