[78-L] Christmas Music

Tom nice_guy_with_an_mba at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 27 10:00:27 PST 2008

The recording of "Winter Wonderland", another secular Christmas song, was popularized by the recording by Ted Weems & his orchestra and was released in 1934. I'm unsure of the date of the recording of Bessie Smith's "At The Christmas Ball" but I'd guess it predates "Winter Wonderland" by a few years and was probably released in the 1920's. Same thing with the recording of "Santa Claus, Bring My Man Back" by singer Ozie Ware with Duke Ellington's Hot Five.

Just my $0.02 worth, as always.