[78-L] Christmas Music

dnjchi at aol.com dnjchi at aol.com
Sat Dec 27 05:40:42 PST 2008

Records don't go back that far.
In my experience, most Christmas records before (s) 1035 were sacred, with a few novelties for the kiddies.? I think that the success of "Sana Claus Is Coming to Town" (c. 1935) made the compamies see value in other secular songs of the season.? The deluge begins, AFIC, in the '40s, and doen't stp until recent years, with the demise of the 'single'.
One man's opinion.? Corrections welcome!
Don Chichester