[78-L] First take of White Christmas

David Weiner djwein at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 25 21:37:44 PST 2008

---- David Weiner wrote:
> The Decca/MCA 2-CD set, "BING CROSBY The Voice of Christmas: The Complete
> Decca Christmas Songbook" has EVERY version of "White Christmas" by Bing -
> the issued and unissued 1942 takes, the 1947 take and the version from the
> WHITE CHRISTMAS movie album.

But missing is the soundtrack duet version from "Holiday Inn", right?
RayK

Of course - that wasn't recorded for Decca, but for Paramount Studios - the
soundtrack version, from an original studio 78 disc, is on a CD I worked on,
"Holiday Inn/Blue Skies" on Vintage Jazz Classics.  We had a nearly complete
set of Paramount discs for both Crosby/Astaire films that were newly
transferred for this 1993 CD. It's out of print, but copies are available at
Amazon starting at $3.40.  Well worthwhile.

Dave W.