[78-L] White Christmas

Sammy Jones sjones69 at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 25 21:12:06 PST 2008

I have the DLA 4374 version in a Decca 78 album called "Merry Christmas -
Bing Crosby." Album No. A-550.  In small print on the bottom left of the
album cover is "Copyright 1945, Decca Records, Inc."  If DLA 4374 was
recorded in 1947, was an earlier take originally used in this album, or is
there some other explanation for a 1945 copyright date for the cover art?

Btw, how does one determine take numbers for Deccas of this vintage?

Sammy

Message: 9