[78-L] New website - Der yidisher gramofon

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com
Thu Dec 25 12:52:05 PST 2008

At 02:34 PM 12/25/2008, you wrote:
>Dear List Members,
>
>I am pleased to be able to announce the launch
>of my website 'Der yidisher gramofon' at:
>
>http://www.yidisher-gramofon.org/

I hope we'll be able to hear some of this music
too! Thanks so much for doing this,  Meanwhile,
regarding your "Jewish Radio Broadcasts in
pre-War Europe," the French "Voix d'Israel"
broadcasts featured mainly spoken word, although
there was some music as well.  I have exchanged
e-mails in the past with the son-in-law of the
late great Jewish philosopher Emmanuel Lévinas
(of blessed memory) and he gave several talks
about Judaism on Voix d'Israel in the late
30s.  I don't know if they survived.