[78-L] Xmas Music

kil at roadrunner.com kil at roadrunner.com
Wed Dec 24 15:59:21 PST 2008

---- David Lennick wrote:
> And my absolute LEAST favourite at the moment is a version of I Saw Mommy
> Kissing Santa Claus, sung by some screaming little boy who keeps interjecting
> "I did! I did! I saw Mommy kissing Santy Claus!" Worse than the Chipmunks,
> worse than the Jingle Cats, and it goes on forever. What sick twisted mind
> thought this was fit to inflict on the world?

That's the Jackson Five version from 1970 featuring little Michael, who was either 11 or 12 at the time.  Can't blame him for the words, though, he was just following directions.  Production credits go to The Corporation and Hal Davis.
I agree, that one is pretty low on my list but not nearly as bad as my least favorite, THE CHRISTMAS SHOES by Newsong.  It's so sick I turn off the station that plays it for at least two days.  It doesn't help as most modern stations keep playing it.
RayK