[78-L] A Columbia Masterworks Mystery: HELP!

Mike Harkin harkinmike at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 24 01:13:40 PST 2008

Mention of the numerous errata in WERM's listings of Columbia Beethoven
Centennial issues reminded me of a problem I've long wondered about,con-
cerning Set 58 [Beethoven Qt op.18/1 by the Lener Qt].

I know it was recorded twice:  Oct 1926 and Dec 1928.  Not sure why.  There
are three unused record numbers in sequence, which I THINK should have been
assigned -- 67281-3D -- to this set, though I wonder if it was ever issued
thus?

The re-recording has nos. 67623-5D, and set No.58.  This WAS issued, I had it this way, and it LOOKS like one of the errata in question, 'cause the
record nos. are WAAAAY out of sequence with the set no.

Does anyone know if the earlier version of this set was ever issued or even announced but not issued?????  Anyone have it this way, or have catalogues from which they can confirm or correct my guesses?

Any help gratefully received.

Happy Holidaze & Gute Yontoivim to all!

Mike in Plovdiv