[78-L] They let this on the BBC?! (Warning: PG-13..get your 13 year old to explain them ^

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Dec 23 23:57:52 PST 2008

David Lennick wrote:
> I found this while googling something else. Evidently, trad jazz man Humphrey
> Lyttleton was known for more than his trumpet playing. These are double
> entendres from his days on the panel show "I'm Sorry, I Haven't a Clue". (Not
> OT, Humph made 78s..but these weren't part of them.)
>
> dl
> ======
"Samantha has been going out with an elderly Italian. She shares an ice
cream with him. She enjoys nothing so much as licking the nuts off an
old Neapolitan!"

"Samantha has been seeing an old gentleman who has been rather irascible
of late and takes to phoning her at the most inconvenient times.
However, she's got used to this and is now able to handle his testy calls!"

(These are not verbatim.)

      Julian Vein