[78-L] Trains + Music

RAY KILCOYNE kil at roadrunner.com
Tue Dec 23 03:22:51 PST 2008

A couple I missed, some deliberately because they were post-78 era:

RUNNING OFF THE RAILS..Phil Green & His Orchestra
PUFFIN' BILLY (aka Captain Kangaroo theme) Chappell Library
MORNINGTOWN RIDE..Malvina Reynolds, The Seekers
LAST TRAIN TO CLARKSVILLE..The Monkeys

dl

If you get into the 60's and beyond there are literally dozens more like........
CITY OF NEW ORLEANS - Arlo Guthrie
ENGINE ENGINE NUMBER NINE - Roger Miller
FOLSOM PRISON BLUES - Johnny Cash
    "I hear the train a comin'
     It's comin' 'round the bend......"
     (I know, this was from 50's and was probably on 78)
THE GAMBLER - Kenny Rogers
    "On a warm summer's eve,
     On a train bound for nowhere..."
MORNING TRAIN - Sheena Easton
MY BABY THINKS HE'S A TRAIN - Roseanne Cash
OLD TOY TRAINS - Roger Miller
RIGHT TRACK, WRONG TRAIN - Cyndi Lauper
THIS TRAIN DON'T STOP THERE ANYMORE - Elton John
TOOK THE LAST TRAIN - David Gates
TRAINS AND BOATS AND PLANES - Billy J. Kramer
and on and on......
RayK