[78-L] Victor numbering anomaly [FWD]

Mike Harkin harkinmike at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 23 02:07:47 PST 2008

The two items I recall that I am able to check are VM-252 and VM-226

WERM says 252 for Bach D minor cto/Fischer and Borodin Qt 2/Pro Arte.
The Borodin is VM-255.

WERM sez 226 for Mendelssohn Lider ohne Worte/Schnabels and Mozart Sym 36
by Busch.  Mozart is in fact VM-266.

In a similar vein, WERM's listings of the Columbia 1927 Beethoven Centennial issues are replete with misprints and omissions:  wrong disc nos., set nos. without disc nos. and vice versa.

I suppose, considering the volume of data it's a wonder there aren't more
erros than there are; but it can be very frustrating!

Mike in Plovdiv