[78-L] Trains + music, was Re: Leaving negative feedback and variable speed turntable^

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Dec 21 10:16:55 PST 2008

We've done this dozens of times..dozen't hurt to compile them again.

THE RUNAWAY TRAIN..Vernon Dalhart
CHOO CHOO TRAIN..Doris Day
CORONATION SCOT..Sidney Torch and other orchestras
PACIFIC 231 (Honegger)
THE LITTLE TRAIN OF THE CAIPIRA (Villa Lobos)
AY AY CHUG A CHUG..Peggy Lee
DOWN BY THE STATION..4 Preps, Others
BAHNFAHRT aka CHOO CHOO TRAIN RIDE..Hans Schindler's Orchestra
ALL POINTS WEST..Paul Whiteman, Rudy Vallee
CHATTANOOGA CHOO CHOO..Glenn Miller
ROCK ISLAND LINE..Leadbelly, Lonnie Donegan, Stan Freberg
TRAIN TO THE ZOO..The Weavers (uncredited on original CRG release)
MTA..Kingston Trio (who redid this as a 7-Up jingle in 1961..sellouts!)
SHUFFLE OFF TO BUFFALO..various
GOIN' HOME TRAIN (from Call Me Mister)..Lawrence Winters
MIDNIGHT SPECIAL..Weavers and others
THE TORONTO SUBWAY SONG..Ozzie Williams
TRAINS..Reginald Gardiner (no music, but great vocal effects!)

Mustn't be greedy.

dl