[78-L] leaving negative feedback

joe@salerno.com jsalerno at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 18 20:01:08 PST 2008

I received some transcriptions I ordered on ebay just today. This is the
second of 2 orders from a particular dealer. The second was ordered
before the first was received. He does not pack so well. First set
arrived OK, but the second set had one record damaged. Apparently
something tried to puncture the package in transit. If there had been
more layers of cardboard, maybe even just one more, there would probably
have been no problem. But his packaging is minimal - 2 large slices of
heavy cardboard taped together, and one slice between the records. So
now one of the records has a "puncture" wound for lack of a better
description where something tried to poke a hole in it. I MAY be able to
effect a transfer, but there is a break in the middle of the disc, and
altho no pieces were loss or even completely loose, there is a break
along the groove line where the structural integrity was compromised.

This has never happened before & I feel a little sad at having to leave
this guy negative feedback, because he accurately describes,
communicates quickly & ships quickly. He just packages lousy. He, or we,
saved money on packaging - the cost of another slice of cardboard or 2
and a little heavier item. Had I received the first set earlier I might
have asked him to do a better job on the second one. In my previous
feedback I did mention poor packaging but gave him positive as the items
did arrive OK in that first instance.

So at least others will be warned and maybe he will have an incentive to
pack better in the future so someone else can avoid such disappointment.

joe salerno