[78-L] The 1941 RCA player: it plays both sides

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. citroenid19 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 18 13:44:49 PST 2008

umashankar wrote:
> a version of this design was published in the audio magazine. it was designed by I Lirpa. It was part of a long running series published, appropriately, on April 1.
>
> umashankar
>  i have published my poems. you can read (or buy) at http://stores.lulu.com/umashankar

I believe such a mechanism was used in juke boxes for a time.
I had a player that had a slot in the front, with a door which operated
a mechanism that, when closed, pulled the record in, then released it
onto a platter. The center pin then rose upward and the platter turned.
At the same time, the tone arm swung out and came down on the record.
Ingenious, but rather impractical. It was single play.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.