[78-L] The 1941 RCA player: it plays both sides

Robert M. Bratcher Jr. bratcher at pdq.net
Thu Dec 18 09:34:36 PST 2008

On 12/18/2008 11:00:57 AM, Malcolm Rockwell (malcolm at 78data.com) wrote:
 > Wasn't this a common jukebox design? Seems to me I remember Seeco (??)
 > used a tonearm/turntable mechanism exactly like this for their 45rpm boxes.

Seeburg starting with the M100A (1948, the last 78 rpm juke they
made)  had a tonearm with a cartridge on each side. All the box had
to do was reverse the direction the record was playing them move the
tonearm to play the other side of a record. They kept that design
through the 70's or a bit longer with the records in a vertical stack.