[78-L] Break open that piggy bank NOW..this is it ^

Bertrand CHAUMELLE chaumelle at orange.fr
Wed Dec 17 03:12:44 PST 2008

That's right. The singles were geared to the regular market. The EPs
(four titles) too. The 6-titles (Little LPs) were exclusively for
jukeboxes, as conceived by a guy from Seeburg.

The idea was to abandon the 45 speed. And it was a worldwide plan. It
was succesful in part of South-America, Japan (who kept both speeds)
but it failed miserably in Europe. I've seen some French RCA 7" sleeves
with this on the back:
"The 78 is dead
The 16 is stillborn
Let's get rid of the 45 !"