[78-L] Oda Slobodskaya

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Dec 16 15:07:02 PST 2008

David Lennick wrote:
> Michael Biel wrote:
>
>> David Lennick wrote:
>>
>>> Delta was an English LP label connected with Fidelio,
>>>
>> The rear of the sleeve shows a copyright The Delta Record Co., London
>> 1964.  The labels are rough surface plum color much like Pye pressings.
>> Isn't Delta now the name of a British CD label group?
>>

> German, no? American offspring is Laserlight.

Right.

>> And I finally found a DVD of the Soviet cartoon from the 60s.  In it the
>> CAT gets eaten by the wolf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The cat had conspired with
>> the wolf to get the duck, but when the duck escapes to inside the fence,
>> the wolf looks over to the cat . . .  and . . .
>>
>> Mike Biel   mbiel at mbiel.com
>>

> Revenge for the Disney version.

Yeah, for the sensibilities of American kids, the duck wasn't eaten, he
hid in the hollow tree.  The Soviets figured that their kids could take
the truth, and I think they believe that ducks are more useful than
cats.   My favorite (before this cat one showed up) is Weird Al Yankovik
where he discusses how the duck will be digested alive, being dissolved
by the gastric juices, and die a painful death.

>  By the way, I love the BBC/DGG DVD (too many
> damn initials) of the Sting/Abbado/Spitting Image version. Watch for Zubin
> Mehta, Leonard Bernstein and Herbert von Karajan to gang up on Abbado.
>
> dl

I gotta remember to get that DVD.  I have it on 12-inch LaserDisc as
well as off-the-air from PBS with some extras.

Mike Biel   mbiel at mbiel.com