[78-L] Don't complain about the condition when THIS one arrives!

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Mon Dec 15 19:07:52 PST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rodger Holtin" <rjh334578 at yahoo.com>
> Remember the blonde who kinda hid behind some Worlds Greatest Music discs?
> ("new way to sell old records on e*8ay" or something like that last
> spring)
> Certifiable nut case - proof: the other stuff she had for sale was used
> panty hose. Really.
> I have seen broken 78s with sticky labels pasted on the record label that
> say "As Is" and wondered if they were like wrecked cars with the same
> sign - it implies that repair is possible, and/or price is not negotiable
> based on condition.
> Hmmph. Takes all kinds.

I've been know to acquire (for CHEAP!) broken Grey-Gull-family records.
simply because I can use the matrix/take information for discographic
reasons...!

Then again...I suspect if someone offered (and actually HAD) a copy of
"Zulu's
Ball" in two (or more?) pieces, and as well was selling ALL the
pieces...there
would be buyers (all with tubes of glue...?!)

...stevenc