[78-L] Most Prized Record

Marie Lamb marie.lamb at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 13:04:49 PST 2008

There's no doubt on this one for me.  It is Adelina Patti's
1905 recording of "Old Folks at Home."  It is not especially rare, and I
even have it on CD and LP along with her other recordings.  However, she is
a favorite singer of mine, and when I found this 78 at one of the Belfer
Audio Lab sales at Syracuse University, I was especially moved to see it was
one of the ones with her signature stamped into the shellac near the label.
No way would I want to part with this 78; I plan to move to smaller quarters
soon, and this is the first thing cming with me!

Marie Lamb

--
I think you have everything you need.  If not, you'll just have to fake
it.--Don Dolloff, WCNY Classic FM, 2002.

Never a dull moment; if there is one, chances are I'm not around.--Marie
Lamb, WAER Jazz 88, 2002

It's not true that I had nothing on.  I had the radio on.--Marilyn Monroe

The moment you say "Please, give me a reason for this,"
you are being impossible and temperamental.--Montserrat
Caballé.