[78-L] Earliest recorded &c&c [FWD]

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Dec 12 01:01:03 PST 2008

Mike Harkin wrote:
> stevenc [?] wrote, ""are "bugs"...the keys that created dots mechanically...now in "expensive collectable" status...?!?!
>
> Probably.  Any artifact of which there is more than one variety is most likely collected by SOMEBODY somewhere!
>
> Mike in Plovdiv

It's ironic that you reply to Steve with this statement because it is
almost exactly what HE says in my daughter's documentary about record
collectors (nearing completion -- she defends it to her committee next
week.)

As to the Vibroplex bugs, the early ones have been "expensive
collectibles" for many decades.  And the newer ones are expensive when
buying them new, so their values will also be skyrocketing.  They are
still in business, have original parts for some keys made 100 years ago,
still make the exact same original model, and also have a 100th
anniversary commemorative model.  Check out their website -- and wish
that the early phonograph manufacturers treated their heritage with as
much love and care.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com