[78-L] My note to the bad packer

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Thu Dec 11 23:55:30 PST 2008

This is the message I sent to the guy who did such a crappy job of packing,
after claiming in his listing that he had all kinds of experience shipping
78s.

Does this get the idea across to him OK?   My feedback will depend on if he
replies with some sense of understanding the problem.  If he just blows me
off,  then here comes the Red Dot.

Thanks for all your input.

Taylor B

Hi, Record arrived and I'm pleased with it, but it was one of the poorest
packing jobs I've seen recently for a 78, of which I buy a lot through the
mail. Over the last few years I've received records packed in the same
fashion and nearly all arrived cracked or broken. I didn't say anything
ahead of time as your listing indicated you have shipped a lot of 78s. Most
buyers won't mind paying for a box and some decent packing material to make
sure the record arrives safely...couple layers of old cardboard, no sleeve
for the record, lots of tape and writing "fragile" on the thing doesn't cut
it. Sorry to be so blunt but perhaps this will save you a hassle with
someone in the future. Thanks.