[78-L] Puckett & McMichen on a Race Record?

Malcolm - Venerable Music malcolm at venerablemusic.com
Tue Dec 9 17:01:08 PST 2008

Hey Everyone - I just picked up a copy of Columbia-14175, Daisy Douglas (actually Virginia Childs), The St. Louis Blues / Down Hearted Blues. I had heard that Riley Puckett & Clayton McMichen are actually the musicians that accompany her? I looked up the credit in both Tony Russell's book as well as Godrich & Dixon and sure enough, both groups were in the studio that day & the matrix numbers are very close. Unfortunately, G&D lists the accompanying musicians as unknown. Does anyone know for sure? Just wondering before I stick my foot in my mouth somewhere down the road!
Thanks,
Malcolm

Venerable Music - http://www.venerablemusic.com/
Venerable Radio - http://www.venerablemusic.com/samphpweb/index.html