[78-L] Info request

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Dec 8 14:51:09 PST 2008

Okay boys and girls..here's what I've found so far, with help from this list,
the Columbia books, the 1923 Victor catalog, the Brunswick books (which contain
one cross reference I can't find) and Ty's Online Discography (one entry of
which shows the composer as MORT Dixon..should be Harold Dixon). All 1922
except the first listing. Per the title index in the Brunswick books, there
should be a listing on page 510 but there isn't one (the McFarland-Gardner
record is correctly cross-indexed as page 610).

And the winner for the most recordings of this song by a single artist is
definitely Charles Hart.

For those who tuned in late (or before the messages began to be edited), the
song in question is "Call Me Back, Pal o' Mine".

Lester Mcfarland & Robert Gardner..Vocalion 5364 (August 13, 1928)

Rega's Dance Orch..Okeh  4667

Columbia Dance Orchestra (or as Prince's Dance Orchestra)..Columbia A-3752

Charles Hart..Vocalion 14451b

Charles Hart & Elliott Shaw..Brunswick 2321

Elizabeth Spencer and Charles Hart..Edison 51085

Charles Harrison..Victor 18944

Charles Harrison..Columbia A 3686