[78-L] Mascagni

Erwin Kluwer ekluwer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 13:12:05 PST 2008

Actually Toscanini's Parsifal was one of the slowest around, and there are
more examples of his  like this...

There is also enough to support a lot of music was played quite bit faster
then we accustomed now, and slower for that matter.. It seems like in the
19th century there was even an wider and wilder variety in approaches then
we are familiar now... (which became gradually more  homogenized trough mass
media..)

Erwin